I recently read the article about feeding cattle spices for reducing methane production and enhancing friendly bacteria in the gut with great enthusiasm and delight.
The most effective spice according to the study was coriander which reduced methane production from 14 millilitres per gram of food to eight – a drop of 40 per cent. Turmeric produced a 30 per cent reduction and cumin 22 per cent.
We have known the medicinal and therapeutic benefits of spices and herbs for centuries especially in Asian cultures and across the world. This is also true for human consumption of course and the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric has been well documented and researched. Cinnamon is great for balancing blood sugar and managing insulin and fennel seeds after dinner aids in digestion.
Sometimes it is necessary to see how older civilizations have been doing things and follow their lead – get back to basics, the answer is almost always in nature and right in front of us.
For the best spices I order from seasoned pioneers , the spices come in cute little bags and you can even indicate which meal your preparing and they will suggest the appropriate spices – like iTunes genius for the spice world.
With the aid of a sophisticated dietary analysis system, I will analyse your diet against government guidelines and optimum nutrition levels. This 35 page printed report is completely individual to you and your diet, and has been designed to help you:
- Clarify the strengths and weakness of your current diet
- Identify possible nutrient imbalances or deficiencies
- Explain how a lack of certain nutrients may impact upon health
- Provide handy tips and hints on how to improve your diet
What do you have to do? poster
I will send you a food diary and you tell me what you have eaten over three days. A few days later, I will provide you with an in-depth report which will provide you with the following information:
- How many calories you are eating in a day
- If your diet is providing you with sufficient nutrients
- What percentage of protein, fats, fibre and carbohydrates are you eating
- How does this all fit in with the outcome of your previous consultations
Book this service before the end of July and pay
Book in conjunction with a follow-up consultation for
v This plan is not intended to replace an in-depth nutrition consultation.
v Payment required at time of booking – credit and debit cards accepted.
v The results does not include nutrient intake from supplements and are solely based on dietary intake.
On Saturday I had the privilege to provide the catering for my almamater which is BCNH- British College of Nutrition and Health It was their 10th anniversary and without the dedication, passion and determination the success of the college (and students) would not have been possible. Blood, sweat and tears goes into contributing to the best nutritional therapists with no stone left unturned when it comes to the level and quality of education and fabulous tutors.
Below is the menu for the day and from what I heard and from the empty plates we cleared after a long day, the results were good and everyone was happy, which of course made me very happy indeed.
- Vietnamese Summer rolls with hoisin dip
- Rye bread with goats cheese, figs and honey
- Cherry tomato, mozzarella and basil skewers
- Mediterranean vegetable stax with olives
- Buckwheat noodle salad
- Moroccan cous-cous with sour cherries and nuts
- Quinoa with roast vegetables and sheep’s milk feta
- vegetable platter with tzatsiki, hummus, pinto bean dip and cumin spiked guacamole
- Candied pumpkin seeds and edemame beans.
What a great day and congratulations to Breda and her team for all the hard work over the years and all the best for the next decade!
Rye bread – a bit more filling than white sliced…
Avocado, mozarella, rocket, black pepper and homemade dressing. (Lemon juice, olive oil, s+p, garlic and paprika)
Quick, yum and balanced. Probabaly wont’ have to eat for at least couple of hours. A balanced meal – fibre (Rye), protein (cheese) fat (olive oil and avocado)
BONUS: Vitamin E, calcium, essential fats
Double BONUS: tasty and good for me
Loose weight with food